Sometimes I don’t know who is harder to shop for: moms or guys. With moms they seriously deserve the Hope Diamond and a lifetime of spa treatments for what they do for you, but you obviously can’t afford that. And with guys they usually just buy what they want so they never need anything as a gift! That’s a huge generalization, but for most men I know they don’t wait for a holiday or birthday to get themselves something special. They just get what they need, when they need it.
So hopefully my budget friendly Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Him will give you some ideas for something that the man in your life doesn’t even know he needs yet, and therefore doesn’t have. I tried to gather a wide range of items so that there’s something for every ‘type’ of guy out there.
I’ll be posting a Gift Guide for Her this coming week, too!
Note: I may receive commissions from clicks or purchases made through links in this post.
- Man Candles – Why aren’t these called mandles? Old Factory Candles calls this set of three candles “Man Cave” because of the spot on scents: Straight Razor, Leather, and Mahogany. You don’t even need to be a guy to like those scents! These candles are made in the USA with premium fragrance oils and natural soy wax, and they burn for around 25-30 hours. One more thing…if you’re dissatisfied for any reason you can send them back on Old Factory Candles’ dime. Customer service at its finest for your Valentine’s Day gifts!
- Himalayan Salt Plate – You’ve probably heard of Himalayan salt for its supposed health benefits in the form of either table salt or lamps. While science hasn’t necessarily backed up those health claims, it still is a really cool way to grill meats and veggies or serve chilled appetizers. You can even use it on the stove, too. The block gives a special salty flavor to whatever you cook on it, and I’d love to use it for a fancy surf and turf meal at home. If you’re looking for a gift for the grill lover, this is it.
- WOD Journal – If your man is a CrossFitter, I’m sorry. If he’s a CrossFitter and only eats paleo, I’m very sorry! Just kidding…but seriously high intensity interval training can’t always be tracked easily with an app or regular notebook. This journal makes it easier to log your specific workouts in a WOD format and even includes graphs with weight percentages and strength standards. No more trying to unlock your phone with sweaty, chalky hands to put in your workout info! Comes in hard cover and with a pen.
- Beer Bible – I’d much rather get the Wine Bible for myself, but by and large men seem to be obsessed with beer. This is would be a great coffee table book for a man cave or something to keep by the bar.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – I’m going to break this one down for you since I’m technologically impaired and I had no clue what this was until recently! This little USB stick plugs into your TV and allows you to use different apps to stream tv shows and movies. You can watch Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, HBO, and more. You can enjoy all your favorites while you travel, too, since you can plug it into any hotel room TV. Since it’s an Amazon product, you can use it to watch Amazon Video for free if you’re a Prime member. The latest version of the Fire TV Stick is also voice-enabled, so you can tell it to play music, start a movie, or even order pizza. It’s pretty amazing that it can do all these things and still be on a budget friendly gift guide!
- Audible Subscription – So Trevor Noah’s book Born a Crime is definitely on my reading list. It was #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List, and named one of the best books of 2016. But you don’t have to just get this book for someone. You could get them an audible subscription for a few months, essentially giving them access to almost 200,000 titles for their listening pleasure. For someone who has a long commute, or frequently travels, the gift of audio books is perfect.
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle – This water bottle has super hero characteristics- it keeps cold drinks cold for 24 hours, and hot ones hot for 12 hours! The matte powder finish prevents sweating, and the vacuum seal top prevents leaking. You may be wondering what the difference is between this water bottle and the popular Hydro Flask, and I’ll tell you that the same size Hydro Flask is double the price! Yikes! This is a great gift for an active person who needs a trusty water bottle for all their adventures. You can also personalize this water bottle with the different colored bands, so you’ll never mix up ‘his’ and ‘hers.’
Linkups: Style Sessions, #SpreadtheKindness, Layers & Lipstick, Confident Twosday, Good HUES-Day, What I Wore, Trendy Wednesday, I Feel Pretty, On the Edge, Oh, Hey Girl!, Thursday Moda, Thursday Fashion Files