Theory Blazer $15.66
Banana Republic Silk Top $3.10
Ann Taylor LOFT Gloves $5.01
Express Wool Coat $25.06
Halogen Blazer $10.65
Merona Dress $6.27
Old Navy Coat $13.78
- Stick to brands you know – You’re going to have a much better keep to return rate if you already know how a certain brand fits you and order accordingly. Most of the time I’m sure of my size in Banana Republic and Old Navy, so I’m comfortable ordering them.
- Pay attention to the condition – There are certain categories of used clothing I wouldn’t go for. Swim suits, for example. I saw that thredUP had an activewear category, and was hesitant to think about wearing someone else’s used work out clothes. I love the GapFit line of V-neck tees, and checked out the condition of some for sale. It read “This item is in excellent condition. You might mistake it for brand new!”, which put my fears at ease. It’s possible that someone bought this and never wore it, received it as a gift, etc. So be sure to check the condition of any item before purchasing, as this may make you feel more or less comfortable ordering. And it will keep your expectations in check for when your order arrives.
- Go for accessories – You don’t have to worry about fit issues when buying a scarf or handbag! My gloves didn’t disappoint 😉
- Order final sale with caution – You can get amazing deals on the final sale items. My silk Banana Republic top was $3.10! However, you can’t return these items so you’re taking a risk. The Express coat was final sale, and as you can see I was bummed about it.
- Be prepared for color differences – It’s understandable that the color of an item can come across differently to shoppers with different computer display settings. The Banana Republic top I ordered was listed as red, and the picture led me to believe it would be a true red color. In real life it actually is more of a very bright coral, almost red color. The Express coat was listed as black and appeared that way, but is actually a really dark grey. I don’t know if this makes me seem really picky, but you should know that there can be slight differences in the real life color of your item versus what you saw on the website.
Despite my misses, I still like thredUP and will definitely be placing orders in the future. I love a good deal and the thrill of thrifting too much to let one weird coat convince me otherwise. If you’re interested in purchasing from thredUP, use the following code to get $10 off your purchase:
When you use this link, I’ll also get a $10 credit for thredUP!
Have you ever used thredUP or a similar website? I’d love to hear about your experience!
Linkups: Thursday Moda, Oh, Hey Girl!, Thursday Fashion Files, Passion 4 Fashion, Top of the World Style, On the Edge of the Week, Weekend Wear, Layers & Lipstick, Good HUES-Day, Confident Twosday, Trend Spin Linkup, Tuesday Fashion Party, Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me, Tuesday Talk, Trendy Wednesday, Fresh Fashion Linkup, What I Wore, I Feel Pretty