It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Not Christmas, and goodness gracious not the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. But Amazon Prime Day starts today!
(Okay, it’s not as good as Christmas, but it’s still a great time if you’re a shopper).
It’s no secret that I love Amazon, and I am anxiously awaiting the Prime deals that start today at 1500 (3 pm) ET. Unlike some other sales, you actually don’t know what’s going to be discounted until the sale starts! Which can be kinda stressful.
So I’m going to let you know what I’ve bought recently, what I plan on purchasing, and some ideas for great style, travel, and sustainability buys. AND how you can possibly get 5% cashback on your purchase 😉
Are you ready for this jelly?
Recent Amazon Purchases
When I bought this bow front cutout dress I thought it could go one of two ways: either completely off and ill-fitting, or perfect. Luckily it was the latter! I was so excited about it when it came in that I wore it out for drinks at a rooftop bar that night! We still don’t have our stuff from Germany, to include an iron, so I let the wrinkles go.
It’s not lined so I would stay away from white or yellow options, and the back is stretchy so it has some give. Wearing a small for reference.
I’ll always be a graphic tee lover, and this colorful Frida Kahlo tee just spoke to me. The material is super soft and the colors are just as vibrant in person as in the pictures.
I ordered a small and could also have maybe gone with an extra small. It’s meant to be slightly oversize.
It’s a good idea to see if there are any Prime Day deals for jeans. I know it’s the last thing you want to think about in the summer, but both of these pairs are pretty lightweight and will transition to fall well. How am I talking about fall already!?
I also have two beauty picks I want to mention. This ELF lipstick in Ravishing Rose is a great pink that’s not too bright and not too subtle. Definitely wearable for everyday. You almost don’t need to wait for Prime Day to start to buy it since it’s already so cheap! And my favorite cruelty free mascara is another one to watch for. I’m definitely stocking up if there’s a deal!
Amazon Prime Day Wish List
I have A LOT on my wish list right now across all categories!
- Garment Steamer – I’ve been wanting one FOREVER and I know it’s going to be lifechanging. This girl hates ironing. Usually electronics and appliances have the best deals on Prime Day.
- Levi’s 501 Shorts – The only shorts that seem to matter right now. So many options and these are going to get me through the rest of this hot Virginia summer.
- Cutout Midi Skirt – It wouldn’t be a real Wish List if it didn’t have a midi skirt! Love the cutout design on this one.
- Faux Leather Leggings – FYI some sizes are the same price as the Nordstrom Anniversary sale right now! And no need for a special credit card or early access.
- Cruelty Free Makeup – Interested in trying this eyeshadow and this eyeliner.
Since moving to a new apartment I can tell that we’ll need some smaller furniture and different home items to make the space work. Here’s what I’m looking at:
- Gold and Mirror Coffee Table – So much space for pretty coffee table books!
- Entry Table – For our keys and Rascal’s leash. We have a long hallway in our entrance that just needs something.
- Nightstands – I tried to thrift some nightstands and it didn’t go well. Hopefully Amazon will come to the rescue!
- Table Lamps – I like two very different styles: this industrial one or this gold one. So many decisions!
Amazon Prime Day Shopping Ideas
MAXI DRESSES- You can never have too many when it’s hot and humid.
STRAW HATS – Cute and protects your face from those UV rays.
If you’re looking to make some environmentally conscious decisions, consider getting bamboo toothbrushes, a reusable (and collapsible) straw, or reusable bags for getting produce at the grocery store.
I know you’re totally ready to shop now, but I have one more thing to tell you that can help you save more on Prime Day:
If you haven’t heard of it, its a sort of referral service that gives you cash back on your purchase for shopping at certain stores online. All you need to do is begin your Amazon purchase through the Ebates window, and you’ll get 5% cash back in these categories: luxury beauty, jewelry, furniture (thank goodness for all my home stuff!), handmade, and a few more.
You can use my referral link to sign up for Ebates and get $10 back on your first over $25 purchase. I also get $25 for you signing up 🙂
Happy Prime Day Shopping!