Tell me to get over ruffles and cold shoulder tops, and we can’t be friends. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life! I’m on a little bit of a ruffle kick lately, as evidenced by this post last week, and this one here today. And if you can stand it, I have one more in store for you later this week (sneak peek of it on my Instagram!).
Note: I may receive commissions from clicks or purchases made through links in this post.
I picked this sweater up at Zara recently, and even though it’s a newer item I couldn’t find it online. Does anyone else have a hard time searching their website? Not user-friendly in my opinion. If you can’t get to a Zara, this version is super similar. At first I thought this sweater might be a little trendy to wear to work, but I think the fact that it has a high neckline and that I wore it with simple black crops makes it more professional.
If you’re looking for work crops, I highly recommend the Harper trouser from Old Navy. It’s got a straighter leg than the Pixie, Old Navy’s other work pant, which makes it more flattering for girls with big thighs (holla!). I love the Harper so much I actually have it in 4 colors! It’s available in a few prints, including leopard, right now! If you plan on ordering, definitely size down. I am normally a 4-6 in Old Navy pants, but I wear these in a 2 and they do stretch out after wearing a bit. I toss mine in the dryer to get them to shrink back up a bit when I wash them.
Keep reading after the outfit details to see my final gift guide of the season!
Pants: Old Navy – exact
Shoes: Nine West via Amazon Warehouse – exact
And now I present my final gift guide for your traveller friend. In case you missed it, I’ve released gift guides for the sporty gal, feminine lady, modern woman, old soul, and a universal gift guide. In all my gift guides I kept a budget in mind so you could grab one item as a stocking stuffer or a few as a larger gift. Most, if not all, are Prime eligible so you can get quick shipping for last minute gifts, too.
- Leather Journal – The design on this handmade journal is perfect for the girl with wanderlust on the brain. The leather is made from a vegetable tanning process by artisans in India that is eco-friendly and preserves traditional techniques. You can read more about it here at Rustic Town’s page. Different designs are available.
- Pocket Scarf – What a cool idea! It’s a scarf with a hidden pocket for carrying your passport and other valuables while out and about. You definitely don’t have to worry about your stuff getting stolen when you stash it in here. This is perfect for days when you only want the essentials- ID cards, money, room key, and phone – while exploring a new place. Available in over 15 colors.
- Bluetooth Headphones – For the price of these headphones you are getting so many amazing features: wireless and wired options for listening, noise-cancelling earmuffs, and on-ear controls for adjusting volume or skipping tracks. They last up to 8 hours of listening to music or using Bluetooth to talk on the phone. I prefer on-ear headphones to buds, but if you’re worried about packing space these are foldable. These are perfect for your frequent flier friend.
- Ticket Shadow Box – I love the idea of scrapbooks, but I never actually sit down and put one together from all of my travel memorabilia. This ticket shadow box is a cool and easy way for a traveller to collect mementos from travels, such as tickets from museums, sporting events, or tours. I have some friends who love going to concerts, and this would also be a great gift for someone collecting concert tickets.
- 36 Hours Travel Book Series – Sometimes when we think of travel, we only think about big trips and foreign destinations. But you can travel and explore on the weekend, in only 36 hours, to the places closest to you. These books combine the 36 hour itineraries that have been published in the New York Times for travelling different regions of the world. I just got the European edition in the mail yesterday, and I would love to get the US & Canada version for whenever I get back to the states. Not to mention that the cute colored design makes for a great coffee table addition.
- Burt’s Bees Travel Set – I love Burt’s Bees, and I don’t think I need to explain how nice it is to have quality products while travelling. This set contains several lotions and creams to keep skin hydrated and clean while on the go.
- Passport Case – A cute way for your friend to carry her passport that has additional storage flaps for placing receipts or other travel papers. Available in 4 other colorways.
I’ll be doing a roundup of all my gift guides soon so that it’s easier to see them in once place. I wasn’t planning on doing any more, but if anyone feels like there is a category you would like to see, let me know and I’ll take a stab at it!
Linkups: Trendy Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, What I Wore, I Feel Pretty, Let’s Get Our Cozy On, Fresh Fashion Forum, Thursday Moda, Top of the World Style, Oh, Hey Girl!, Thursday Fashion Files, #WIWT, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion, Fashion Should Be Fun, Fabulous Friday, Hello Monday, Classy Monday, #HowIFall, Mix It Monday