Before getting into the gift guide, I have to give a shoutout to my mom. Two years ago I decided to hike the Appalachian Trail for about 3 weeks. My parents live in Virginia, and my mom offered to drive me to my starting point for the hike. After lots of planning (and buying gear), I chose to start my hike on a Sunday in May…Mother’s Day.
Looking back this was so selfish! On her special day, my mom spent the whole morning driving me to different stores to pick up a few last minute things and then dropped me off to start my little adventure. And three weeks later, guess who picked me up? Mom. She drove over 3 hours to come get me from my hike. Thanks, Mom!
Unfortunately we won’t be able to spend Mother’s Day together, but considering we live a whole ocean apart it’s nice that she was able to visit about 7 months ago. This picture is from her visit when we explored the Czech spa town, Karlovy Vary.
Moms are the absolute hardest to shop for. They deserve gold medals and spa vacations and rainbows and chocolate for all that they do! But seriously, I don’t know how much a rainbow costs and it seems like it might be expensive…
So here are my picks for thoughtful, affordable Mother’s Day gifts. All Amazon Prime for quick shipping, too!
1. In the Company of Women Book – This New York Times bestseller is about successful women; just like your mom! And the beautiful photos in this book make it coffee table worthy for sure. Any coffee table book is actually a great gift idea as long as it’s tailored to your mom’s interests. Gardening, travel, Chanel, whatever her passion, I think a well-designed book on one of her hobbies is a nice gift.
2. Mom Juice Wine Glass – Parenting is hard (or so I’ve heard). And wine can help.
3. Gift Card – I know what you’re thinking…a gift card for your mom?! It may sound impersonal, but it really doesn’t have to be. See, my mom loves going to the movies. She would probably do it every day if she could! I know she would appreciate this movie gift card. Maybe you know a mom with a coffee addiction, or someone who is always buying new music. Starbucks or iTunes gift cards would be perfect for them, and it’s meaningful because you know them well enough to know this.
4. Alex and Ani Bracelet – I’m a big Alex and Ani fan (I probably wear them with 50% of my outfits) and these make great gifts because there are tons of charms to choose from so it suits your mom as a person. Always available in silver and gold.
5. Picture Frame – How sweet if you gave this to her with a picture of your family in it?
6. Body Shop Gift Set – Let your mom treat herself to a little at home TLC. This pineapple and coconut scented set is sure to please.
Even if you’re just a dog mom like me, I hope you have a great Mother’s Day!