What’s Life Lately? It’s something I’ve been thinking about adding to the blog for awhile, and I finally decided to make it a reality.
Sometimes I don’t get a chance to share all of my shopping finds and fails in a dedicated outfit post, so Life Lately gives me a chance to wrap up some of that. But that’s not all.
Aside from fashion there’s so much more I want to talk about with you guys. Like a really great book I’m reading, or a news story that really struck a chord with me. Maybe a little big of blogging talk or a recipe I tried.
The primary niches of this blog are fashion and travel, but my life isn’t a niche and Life Lately posts will share a little more of what’s on my mind. It’s not meant to be a weekly or monthly post per se, but we’ll see how it goes.
Note: I may receive commissions from clicks or purchases made through links in this post.
- First on the agenda are some fashion fails. I am a huge graphic tee fan, and this Espresso then Prosecco one was in my cart less than a second after I saw it online. I’m super disappointed in the fit though. The curved hem just doesn’t flatter me, and the fabric will wrinkle easily. So sad to send this one back as well as this scoop back sweater…it just wasn’t right.
- I would also love to hear your recommendations for black pointed toe flats for work! I just ordered these (Sam Edelman at this price? Yes, please!), and I hope they fit nicely. If not, I’ll need some other options.
- I’m transitioning Countdown to Friday over to a self-hosted WordPress site soon (it will probably be finished next weekend!), so you can expect a new layout and better ways to interact with content. I’m so excited, but a little overwhelmed! Is there anything that bothers you about blog layouts? I’d love some insight as I fine tune my new theme.
- I’ll be posting a travel guide for Strasbourg, France this coming week, and I have trips to Wurzburg and Vienna planned for next month. This warmer weather makes it so much easier to explore Europe!
- I am totally crushing on The Overseas Escape. She has great travel guides and photos. I could be on her site for hours! I have pinned several of her posts on Pinterest for future reference.
- If you didn’t already know, I’m currently taking grad school classes part time to get my masters in International Relations. I have two classes coming up this semester so if I’m a little MIA that’s why. I try and plan my blog posts ahead of time, but as far as linkups and responding to comments it can be a little harder. Thanks for giving me a break!
- I’ve been a pescatarian for about a month and a half now, and it has been quite the struggle at some points! It’s especially hard while travelling. So far my favorite recipes to make at home are Vegetable Potstickers and Quinoa Enchilada Casserole. What are your favorite meatless recipes?
There you have it, the first volume of Life Lately! Enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂