I know that all of the business casual ladies out there thought that I forgot about them since I started a new job where I can wear jeans, but I haven’t!
With December right around the corner, I knew I had to put together a holiday office look. If you work in a more formal office you can wear this to work and then the party after, or if you’re in a more casual office you can put this on after work for the party.
One of my favorite budget buys this year has been this red bell sleeve top. I’ve styled it for work and a night out, and the color makes it the perfect choice for Christmas parties. And the bell sleeves aren’t too long that they get in the way of snacking on hors d’oeuvre 😉
Something about these ankle strap pumps says ‘holiday’ to me. Maybe it’s because they look like the adult version of those shiny Mary Janes every little girl wore with ruffle socks to dress up for family Christmas photos?
Whatever the reason, I love them. The heel is really modest and the strap prevents the whole slipping-out-of-your-shoe-as-you-walk disaster.
And now for the working girl gift guide! If you’re looking for something for your work wife or career-focused friend, consider some of the cute and affordable options below.
1. Phone Stand – So simple and so functional. This phone stand makes it easy to charge your phone and see notifications as you’re working. And de-clutters precious desk space.
2. Wordy Sticky Notes – These capture your mood when you can’t say it out loud yourself.
3. Wrap/Shawl – If you have a cold office like I do it’s nice to have a shawl nearby to keep warm. And this neutral one will match whatever you’re wearing that day.
4. Geometric Planter Set – Did you know plants are natural air purifiers and stress reducers? I love the modern design of these planters that goes well with any office style.
5. ‘Killin’ It’ Travel Mug – Especially useful on days when you don’t feel like you’re killin’ it to give you a little extra boost (or maybe it’s the two shots of espresso).
6. 2018 Planner – Lord, where would I be without my planner?! I write down almost everything in meetings, and I like to make lists to keep my tasks in order. And there are so many cute planners out there nowadays!
7. Date Blocks – How many times a day do you ask yourself what day is it?
8. Nine West Tote – My favorite FAVORITE favorite work tote. Big enough to fit my full size planner, or when I want to my 13 inch laptop. I can easily slide my keys or phone into the outside pocket to have them within quick reach, and the zipper pocket detaches from the tote to become a clutch. A true staple for any working girl.
9. Abstract Art Print – I chose to put up a ‘Fried Before Guys’ picture in my office, but this print is wayyyy more sophisticated.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoy shopping Black Friday! Check out the Black Friday deals I’m shopping this year in Tuesday’s post.