I just have to make a case for the brown moto jacket. Winter is usually all about black, but can we wait on that for 5 minutes?! There may be frost on the ground in these pics, but I refuse to believe that we’re already a few days into December. I still have fall fashion on the brain!
Note: I may receive commissions from clicks or purchases made through links in this post.
I think brown faux leather jackets look great for staying warm in the daytime, as opposed to a black moto jacket that has a little more of a nighttime vibe. I got mine a few years ago at Kohl’s, but they have a similar one on sale today. And I love how it looks with a chunky infinity scarf on top.
I got this green swing tee in one of my recent Old Navy orders and I am loving it. The cut outs at the top are a great detail and it is very flowy, so I almost wore it to Thanksgiving to hide my food baby! My sister said the color looked like pea soup to her, but I love how this shade of green pairs with the brown jacket and FRYE boots.
Keep reading after the outfit details to see my next gift guide!
Jacket: Kohl’s – similar
Tee: Old Navy – exact
Jeans: Old Navy – similar
Boots: FRYE via Amazon Warehouse – exact
Scarf: C&A – similar (on sale!)
I had no clue what to call this gift guide. I was trying to gather a bunch of items for the girl who likes to stay at home with a good book rather than going out for drinks. Someone who would rather watch an old TV show on Netflix than go to a party. A girl whose tastes are a little retro and quirky at the same time.
Ultimately I came up with the title ‘Old Soul’ but I don’t really know if there is just one word to describe this type of girl. I also thought of ‘homebody’ and ‘introvert,’ but those seemed kind of negative. Hopefully you get the direction I was going with this one! Again, these gifts are perfect on their own or bunching together for a bigger gift. If an Old Soul Gift Guide isn’t what you’re looking for, check out my other gift guides for the Sporty Gal, Feminine Lady, Modern Woman, and the Universal Gift Guide I recently posted.
- Octopus Print – I love how quirky this octopus art is. It is printed on old dictionary paper, and handmade in North Carolina. The company that makes it, Waterstone Creations, has tons of other prints, with the Queen Bee one being of of my faves.
- Classic Movies Collection – An old soul definitely appreciates classic movies. I love that these 4 packs come in different sets, so you can get one with musicals, murder mysteries, or romantic comedies. Perfect for watching on Christmas day after opening presents!
- Loose Tea Mug – This mug has a silver infuser basket that sits at the top of the mug, so you can easily brew your tea and take the basket off when you’re done. And you can set the basket on the lid to catch any drips. Tea time made easier! They have a bunch of colors and prints available.
- Hot Cocoa Mix – You don’t turn down gourmet hot chocolate during winter, especially when it comes in a tin as cute as this one. This is a perfect stocking stuffer, and great for enjoying while you watch your classic movie on Christmas morning. It’s also available in dark hot cocoa and for the adventurous ones out there, Mayan hot cocoa.
- Penguin Classics Books – I am so obsessed with the design of these hardcover books. They are bound in cloth and foil-stamped with a unique design on each one. They have released many classic books with these artful printed covers that usually hint at themes from the book, with Frankenstein having hearts and The Odyssey having waves. Gifting these books would be the start of a great tradition where you give one to your friend every Christmas. The green one here is Emma and the bluish-purple is Madame Bovary.
- Slippers – How cute are these bunny slippers!? I would be so excited to wear these around the house. They also come in a polar bear version!
- Library Card Tote – I use online libraries often nowadays, and brick and stone libraries rarely. But I still remember those little library card slots in the back of the book when I would check them out. This tote would be great for carrying your library books or as a grocery store bag. There’s actually a ton of similar items available, as library nostalgia is a real thing! I like this library stamp tee and these banned book socks, too.
Happy holiday shopping!
Linkups: Classy Monday, Let’s Make Today Fabulous, Hello Monday, #HowIFall Linkup, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Trend Spin Linkup, Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me, Trendy Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, What I Wore, I Feel Pretty, Let’s Get Our Cozy On, Fresh Fashion Forum, Thursday Moda, Top of the World Style, Oh, Hey Girl!, Thursday Fashion Files, #WIWT