Can you see the snow coming down in these photos? It didn’t stick, but winter is well on it’s way here in Germany. In fact we got more snow today! I really don’t mind the snow so much except for driving in it, and I just like to be prepared with the right outfit.
I ALWAYS check the weather before setting out my clothes for the next day.
Because who wants to be wearing their cutest suede shoes when a rainstorm is supposed to come around? No one.
If there was a serious snowstorm headed my way I would be wearing a waterproof coat, but for less serious snow a wool coat does nicely. I got this red one on thredUp last season (similar here) and the color is fun to mix and match with other cold weather accessories.
And rainboots are a pretty obvious choice. With some thick wool socks they’re perfect for keeping your feet dry and warm in nasty weather. I know Hunters are all the rage, but I’m a big fan of Joules for their fun prints and better price point.
I’ll be wearing similar looks as I get ready to head to Christmas markets this year. They’re usually pretty chilly and can be muddy/dirty so easily washable footwear is a plus. I’m ready for some gluhwein (traditional hot mulled wine served in cute mugs)!
Today’s post is perfect for introducing the Gift Guide for Everyone because my pom beanie is one of the items! Here are a few ideas that work for any adult (hello, Secret Santa). I kept a few things from last year’s guide because they’re still great options 🙂
1. What Do You Meme? Game – I’ve heard such good things about this game! Because seriously who doesn’t love memes and adult game night? It’s basically the next Cards Against Humanity.
2. Pom Beanies – You can get these beanies in sets of 2 or in singles, and they also make great stocking stuffers. It’s hard not to buy new colors to go with every one of my coats.
3. Decanter – Fancy wine decanters like these are pieces of art in their own right, so they look really nice displayed near the dining area. And as adults we like to decant our wine nowadays don’t we? Those Franzia days are gone!
4. Moscow Mule Mugs – I haven’t met a mule drink yet that I didn’t like, but they always taste better when they come in a copper mug. Supposedly it’s science. I think the straws in this set are the perfect touch.
5. City Map Art – I really like the copper finish on this New York City print. If your giftee isn’t a fan of NYC, find another city that means something to them and order a map print of it. Sentimental art is the best kind.
6. Bluetooth Speaker – I’m not a techie, but my husband is and he recommended this wireless speaker. It’s portable and waterproof, and you can actually hook your phone up to two of them for even better sound! If you want to get crazier it comes in some larger versions. I have to say I’m really feeling the minimalist design.
7. Classic Hardcover Books – Books as gifts are always a good idea. This classic hardcover series is so nice for displaying, and they have so many books available. Like I said last year, I think it’s a neat tradition to give your child a different classic each Christmas in their stocking.
8. Marley Coffee – I like splurging on gourmet food for people at the holidays since they usually stick to affordable options year round. Fancy coffee, tea, or even pastas, olive oil, and spices are a pleasant treat for Christmas.
9. Cashmere Scarf – The ultimate gift for anyone. Unless they live in a tropical climate! A luxe and classic gift that they’ll have for years to come.
Now that it’s December it’s really time to kick your gift shopping into high gear. Hope this helps!