Today I’m off to Switzerland!
Despite the forecasted rain, Rascal and I plan on doing some fun hikes and enjoying the Lake Constance area. We’re actually staying in a lakeside yurt! This will be my first ‘glamping’ experience, and I’m excited to cross it off my bucket list.
P.S. Get $40 towards your first Airbnb trip with my referral link, and I get $20 travel credit. It’s a win/win 😉
Packing for this rainy autumn weekend in Switzerland wasn’t easy, but I settled on wearing functional, waterproof gear that will keep me warm while hiking and hanging around the lake. No heels or fancy jewelry packed for this trip!
Since I’m driving down today I picked my new favorite leggings (I ordered another pair last week!) and a loose sweater to stay comfy.
I don’t know if you’ll believe me, but these boots probably have the most steps in them out of all the shoes in my closet. How can that be if they’ve NEVER been on the blog before?
These are the boots I wear to walk Rascal EVERY morning and evening. Honestly they’re not the most stylish, but they are great for cold, rainy weather. Even though they look like fabric, they’re actually waterproof rain boots!
They keep your feet warm in temperatures as low as 14°F, and they’re machine washable. I think these will be perfect for hanging around the campground this weekend.
If you want to see the glamping in action follow me on Instagram and check out my story as I document this weekend with my four-legged travel buddy.
Can you believe it’s time for holiday gift guides?! I’m starting a tad earlier than last year so that there’s plenty of time to order everything and maybe even post a few more categories of gift guides.
If you have any category requests please be sure to let me know in a comment!
I figured that with today as a travel day for me (and perhaps many of you), it would be best to start with the Jet Setter Gift Guide. So here are my gift suggestions for the travel girl in your life.1. Clip On Camera Lenses – I’m all about the photos when I travel, but I hate dragging around a DSLR when I’m exploring all day. These clip on lenses will help achieve next-level effects with a smartphone instead. This one has 5 lenses for getting shots like wide-angle, fisheye, macro, and more with your smartphone.
2. Cashmere Scarf – #absolutenecessity right here. This scarf keeps you warm and doubles as a pillow on flights. The cashmere blend is luxe for a nice gift but still at a great price point. Comes in several colors.
3. Noise Cancelling Headphones – Flying means time to catch up on sleep. But not with noisy passengers near. Noise cancelling headphones will ensure your friend can get some shut-eye no matter who else is on the flight. And isn’t the white and pink so cute?
4. Destinations of a Lifetime Book – Help your friend plan her next adventure with a dreamy and inspiring coffee table book.
5. Pack This! Sheets – Event the best of travellers forget to pack something every now and again. These helpful packing sheets will make that even less likely.
6. Instax Mini – In a world of digital media, it’s fun to go back to simple film. The Instax is tiny enough to fit in a small crossbody and makes it easy to start scrapbooking right away. Comes in several colors.
7. Luggage Tags – Hands off my bag, I’ve got big plans. Your friend will be able to spot her bag a mile away when waiting at the carousel.
8. Scratch Off World Map – Show everyone where you’ve been without saying a word.
9. Toiletry Bag – Life’s too short for boring travel accessories. This leopard print toiletry tote is waterproof, has a hook to hang up in small spaces, and even comes with free travel bottles.
Enjoy the long weekend! Happy Birthday to all the Marines out there, and Happy Veterans Day to all the veterans ♥