I love a good work staple with a twist. And this ruffle pencil skirt is just that. A classic shape with an interesting detail: the ruffle drape in the front. I wore it with a statement red top in this post, and here it is again with a classic button up. And before you thought things were still a little too boring, I had to throw in some leopard print shoes.
Sometimes it can be a challenge to bring trends to a professional setting, but I think this skirt does just that. It’s from the Lark & Ro brand on Amazon and I actually own three of their skirts because they look so great! I usually put Lark & Ro items on my Wish List and purchase them when I see the price is right.
So what is this #NSale? It’s the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If you follow any fashion bloggers out there, you have probably already seen all the posts about early access and what the great deals are going to be at this annual event.
Apparently there are really awesome, can’t-miss-them kinda deals at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, so if you’re a fan of Nordstrom it’s totally a time to pounce. But I’m not going to post about it. Because I really don’t shop at Nordstrom. It would be disingenuous of me to promote this sale and pick all of favorite pieces when I literally own just two things from Nordstrom.
And that’s not trying to tear down others who are posting about. If you love Nordstrom and can recommend awesome stuff from there, you should be shouting from the rooftops about it! It’s just not really my thing, and I think the overload of #NSale posts can get kinda ridiculous.
What I have been into, however, is Amazon. And today is Prime Day! Being a Prime member has been awesome for me living overseas, and it’s always the first place I look when I need something, whether it’s shoes, office supplies, home goods, or even dog toys. If you aren’t a Prime member, let me tell you about some of the perks:
- Free 2-Day Shipping on eligible items (which a ton of things are)
- Free same-day or two hour delivery for some items
- Prime Video and Music, with unlimited free streaming to movies, shows, and playlists
- Prime Pantry where you can purchase low-priced grocery items with a flat delivery rate of $5.99
- Prime reading where you can borrow e-content titles for free
- Tons more like use of the Prime rewards program, Amazon restaurants, Outfit Compare (I have to try it soon!), and check out this article in the New York Times about an upcoming service where Amazon will let you order and try on clothes before buying them
And here’s a roundup of some items I already own that are great buys for Prime Day:
- These Joules rainboots – I have the black dog ones and they are adorable. There are so many cute prints it’s hard to choose just one.
- This Lark & Ro eyelet midi skirt – Worn in this post. Great item for work and weekend in warmer months.
- These Chinese Laundry lace-up flats – The perfect trendy shoe to get you from summer to fall.
- This Champion sports bra – tons of colors and prints available! I own 8 of these I love them so much! Seamless and great support.
- My new Foster Grant sunglasses – Can’t go wrong with a cat eye in tortoiseshell.
- These Kristin Cavallari for Chinese Laundry mules – I love these so much more than I thought I would. Also a Prime deal in gold and black
Shirt – similar
Skirt – exact
Shoes – similar
Bag – similar
Sunglasses – similar
Bracelet – exact (in silver)