Blogger confession here: I never know when all the cool holidays are coming up. I missed donut day, rosé day, and flag day recently, and I’m probably not realizing that tomorrow is mac and cheese day or something else obscure but delightful.
I would never miss July 4th. Not even living in Europe would I forget something as big as Independence Day. And even though I’m just about as American as they come, I wanted to make this year’s inspiration look with pieces that can be worn later on, even if you’re not wanting to be patriotic.
So, here’s a red, white, and blue look for whatever Independence Day bash you have going on this summer that’s affordable (everything under $30 right now), Prime eligible on Amazon, and ready to wear all season long.
1. Red + White Purse – A crossbody bag is easy to carry around all day and this one is big enough to fit all your essentials. And straw bags are sooo in right now.
2. White Sunglasses – I used to think white sunglasses looked cheap, but I have seen so many fashionistas make them look like a million bucks! And these have a sort of retro feel to them that really works.
3. Lace Top – I have a similar lace top and my favorite way to wear it is with midi skirts. The texture keeps everything from being just a little too simple.
4. Blue + White Skirt – I love that this skirt can also be worn to work. These blue and white stripes would look great with blush and nude, too.
5. Red Ball Earrings – Are you in on the big, colorful earring trend? I wasn’t a fan of this style to begin with, but now I’m really tempted to get some. They come in a few colors if you’re ready to try them out!
6. Lace-up Heels – I want to spend the entire summer in brown-toned, heeled sandals. Is that a crime? This lace-up is adorable and the low block heel means your feet will be comfortable all the way through firework time.
You can also check out last year’s red, white, and blue inspiration look here. I was pretty new to blogging then, but I love that I got Rascal to be in the photos with me!
How are you spending Independence Day? I’ll be heading down to Salzburg for the weekend.